You GUYS! I am so excited that I finally got this right. And I'm also so excited that this is a healthy pizza-- now I don't have to try and control my daily za cravings ;)
I've tried making cauliflower crust plenty of times since I first found out it was a thing; it's tricky. Sometimes the crust comes out too dry, sometimes it turns out too soggy and crumbles apart to the point where I have to eat it with a fork (yuck). The thing that makes this cauliflower pizza crust the best is the addition of another egg, plus the water draining technique that I used.
I'm gonna walk you through this step by step, and don't worry... I took millions of pictures so you can make sure you are getting this right!
1. First and foremost, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice up the cauliflower head and remove most of the big stems. Place the cauliflower florets, FlavorGod seasoning, and salt/pepper in a large food processor and pulse for about 1 or 2 minutes until the cauliflower is completely grated and has a "snowy" texture. Pour the cauliflower into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes, then dump heated cauliflower mixture onto a towel and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
2. After the cauliflower has cooled, fold the towel upwards and bunch it at the top so that you can squeeze all of the water out of the cauliflower.
3. Squeeze out as much water as you can, do not get lazy with this step-- it's crucial for your crust to turn out the right way. I squeezed my cauliflower for about 5 minutes, and got an unbelievable amount of water out. Once it's done, it should look a lot like the picture below.
4. Combine the strained cauliflower, eggs, and cheeses, and spices in a large bowl, and mix with a fork until completely blended. Roll the mixture into a large ball and place on a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper. Do not use wax paper or tinfoil, parchment paper is the only kind that will work for this recipe.
5. Once you have your cauliflower ball on the parchment paper press down and spread out with your hands. Use your fingers to patch up the ends of the crust because they will break apart the more and more you spread out your cauliflower. Bake the crust for 25 minutes. The crust should turn golden brown, don't worry if the edges get a little darker than you pictured, it doesn't change the taste at all!
6. When the crust has been prepared you can add whatever sauce/toppings you would like! I would suggest baking for 15 minutes after adding your own ingredients. Enjoy :)
This is the perfect healthy snack! Really easy to make and they are done in 15 minutes. My mom used to make these delicious triscuit-cracker pizza bites when I would get home from school when I was younger. So instead of using a cracker (carbs), I subbed in a slice of zucchini.
I've been taking full advantage of the slow-cooker I bought myself with my $1,000 gift card to Williams-Sonoma that I was awarded from Zoup! Soup for winning their recipe contest! Pulled pork is one of my all time favorites, so I decided to try and make a chili out of it. It turned out delicious, if I wasn't trying to cut back on carbs I would definitely make a giant pulled pork chili sandwich out of it.
Pulled pork chili does take a long time to cook, but it's so worth it. Some people prefer to remove the really fatty pieces of pork but I left all that good stuff in there to make sure that my pork shoulder meat was extra juicy.. I really hate dry pork. Also, when serving (I know this may sound kind of gross) I like to mix in about a tablespoon of mayo into my chili bowl-- I use Kraft brand, it's so tasty even though I'm fully aware it's not the healthiest topping. If you like mayonnaise, I double-dog-dare you to try it!
Cutting carbs is so hard! The first time I did a low carb diet I realized that you have to get super creative with recipe ideas.
If you want to add more flavor to this meal you could marinate the chicken fingers overnight in the balsamic, or just a simple mixture of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
I'm definitely going through a balsamic phase, I love the unique tangy flavor combined with goat cheese. These are soooo easy to make, and you can substitute different kinds of cheese and marinade if you want.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 8 chicken roll ups
I'm not a big salad eater, for some reason I've always thought that it's weird how people eat leaves. I'm working on eating healthier (less carby food), so I figured I need to find out a way to make some leaves taste good!!
When Chrissy Teigen shared her recipe for hsweet and spicy chicken marinade on the chew she said that she saves part of the marinade and uses it as a salad dressing... lightbulb. I love tangy vinegar flavors so I decided to combine her adobo pepper marinade with apple cider vinegar.
This salad is just a simple head of lettuce, I added some chopped cucumbers, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze. The ingredient that really makes this salad pop is the sweet and spicy flavors of the adobo marinade combined with the tangy/sour apple cider vinegar!! So delicious, it almost reminds me of the vinaigrette served at chipotle, but it's even better. The best part about this game changer salad dressing is it only takes 5 minutes to make!
I have been stalking the ramen burger via social media pics for over a year now; sadly I have never been anywhere close enough to a restaurant or food truck that sells these delicious looking things- and I've never had a chance to try them!
For my fellow ramen lovers who don't live in New York or L.A.-- I have figured out a way to make them at home.. and they are so good that you can even eat the ramen bun all by itself.
It's a overnight process, and it involves being extremely careful and patient... but so worth it!
Confession #1: I hate the smell of ginger. Confession #2: I LOVE the smell of ginger combined with scallions and garlic. All of these fresh ingredients combined are so potent, and extremely flavorful; each one has it's own unique/strong taste, I love it! So these meatballs remind me of the stuffing inside of a dumpling... they have that Asian zing from the ginger, garlic, and scallion, and they are also very juicy. These are so fun because they don't taste like any other kind of meatball!
Remember: If you make any of my recipes--I would love to see!! Please tag #FOJ on Instagram or Twitter!! I'll be checking :)
Do you know how uncool it is to be allergic to avocados? "It's the good kind of fat", says everyone, and I have to miss out on it. Maybe that's the secret to Chrissy Teigen's perfect figure. I remember watching her share her recipe on The Chew, and immediately wanted to try because I LOVE chicken drums/thighs since they are so much juicier and more flavorful than chicken breast.
The combo of flavors in the recipe is unreal. Garlic, cilantro and green onion, BBQ, chipotle, adobo, lime, brown sugar, and sweet mango! The best part is you can taste every single one of them with each bite, there is an insane amount of flavor.
When Chrissy says there's a difference between 'spicy' and 'Bangkok spicy', she's not lying! I only used one can of ancho chili peppers in adobo sauce and the steam from the marinaide actually and literally burned my nostrils when I was washing out the food processor. Anyways, the point of this rant is to warn those who are spice sensitive! ;)
PS--My whole kitchen REEKS of chipotle-garlicky goodness, and I never want it to go away.
Tips & Tricks:
Today was the best and worst kind of day, a snow day. I was so excited that I didn't have to report to class downtown but I also didn't really have the option of going anywhere else because of all of the snow. [Not to mention it's -15 degrees.]
Instead of curling up on the couch and watching a movie by the fire I decided to make an absolute mess out of my kitchen. However, the mess lead to the creation of this parmesan-chicken ravioli burger, so I won't complain any further.
PS--I used a whole pound of chicken!! This burger is so big you could share it with another person for sure, or you could even make two small ones, just depends on how big your appetite is!
- HERBY SAUSAGE GRAVY GRILLED CHEESE
- THE BEST CREAMY TOMATO SAUCE
- MANGO HABANERO WINGS (!)
- LASAGNA CARBONARA STACKERS
If you’d like to use my photos & recipes, please ask or link back to this site. Thank You.